I’m always so thankful for the love and support my Etsy customers show me. To show my appreciation I’m offering this knitting pattern for The Chicago Cowl for FREE! Happy Knitting Friends!
THE CHICAGO COWL by Bo Peep’s Bonnets
- U.S. 17, 24 or 16 inch circular needles
- 100 yards of Super Bulky weight yarn in the color Butterscotch (Pictured Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick)
- 40 yards of Super Bulky weight yarn in the color Wheat (Pictured Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick)
- Tapestry Needle
Gauge: 2 stitches = 1 inch
With the US 17 needles and the Butterscotch yarn cast on 48 stitches. Join to work in the round being careful not to twist your stitches.
Round 1-4 : *Knit 2, Purl 2 repeat from * all around
Next – Repeat the following Pattern Sequence 6 times
- Pattern Sequence Round 1: Knit all stitches with butterscotch
- Pattern Sequence Round 2 -* Knit 1 with wheat, Knit 3 with butterscotch repeat from * all around
- Pattern Sequence Round 3 – Knit all stitches with butterscotch
- Pattern Sequence Round 4 – (Knit 2 with butterscotch) *Knit 1 with wheat, knit 3 with butterscotch, *repeat until last two stitches then knit 1 with wheat, knit 1 with butterscotch
After you have repeated the above pattern sequence 6 times knit one round with butterscotch. Next work in a Knit 2 Purl 2 rib for 4 rounds with butterscotch. Bind off all stitches. Weave in all ends.
If you enjoyed this pattern please check out my Etsy shop for more patterns and cozy knits. The sales from my Etsy store completed fund my charity for cancer patients – Hand Knits for Hope. If you or someone you know is currently dealing with hair loss due to cancer chemotherapy or radiation treatments please CLICK HERE to request a free hat for them. XOXO – Bo Peep